A date for your diary…
I will be at Bishop’s Stortford Tourist Information in the Market Square on Saturday 6th December 2014, from 10am until 12pm, signing copies of my new local history book on the town.
I look forward to meeting some of my readers then.
If you can’t make the book signing, but still wish to purchase my book, then please do click the picture below to purchase (in book format or Kindle) from Amazon.
In October 2014, I had a virtual book tour around the internet talking about my book and Bishop’s Stortford. I visited the following blogs:-
- Worldwide Genealogy Blog: The process of writing a local history book.
- Essex Voices Past: Q&A session with Amberley Publishing on “how to get a publisher interested in your history book”.
- Ross Mountney’s Notebook: Home education and teaching history to children.
- Family History Across The Sea: Correlation between local and family history.
- Anglers Rest: Using vintage postcards to add to family and local history research.
- Bishop’s Stortford Museum’s Blog: Oral history of Bishop’s Stortford.
- Essex Voices Past: Bishop’s Stortford’s postcards which got away.
I have a MSt in Local and Regional History (Cantab); a BA History (Open University) and an Advanced Diploma in Local History (Oxon) – all gained as a mature student. Having been a business technologist in the City of London for the last 30 years, I am currently taking time away from my City career to write. My first history book, Bishop’s Stortford Through Time, was published by Amberley Publishing in September 2014. I have been commissioned to write a further three history books for them:-
- Sudbury, Lavenham and Long Melford Through Time (due to be published summer 2015);
- Saffron Walden Through Time (due to be published summer 2015); and
- Postcards from the Front: Britain 1914-1919 (due to be published summer 2016).
I live in Essex, England, and regularly write about the local history of Essex and East Anglia on my blog.