I hope you have had a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas 2014. If you are in the middle of trying to decide whether or not to brave the Christmas Sales, instead, spend some time to surfing the ‘net and looking at some of my Advent Calendar 2014 websites.
Over the next 4 days, I will be recapping the sites and books which were in my 2014 Advent Calendar. Happy hunting and reading!
- Britain from Above: Aerial photography of Britain from the beginning of aviation
Aerial photography books
- Spitalfields Life: Blog on the cultural history of London (past and present) //
Spitalfields Life books
- British Pathé: British Films from the First World War //
Great War poets
- London School of Economics: Charles Booth and the survey into life and labour in London (1886-1903) //
Old London books
- Essex Voices Past: Saint Nicholas Eve – the traditions of Father Christmas/Santa Claus //
Christmas for Children
- British Government: Parliament and politics before 1509 //
If you want to read more from my blog, please do subscribe by using the Subscribe via Email button. If you’ve enjoyed reading this post, then please do Like it with the “Like” button or Facebook button and/or leave a comment below.
Thank you for reading this post.
You may also be interested in
– Christmas Advent Calendar 2014
– Christmas Greetings from the Trenches 1914-1918
– Louis Wain: Happy Christmas Greetings 2013
– Christmas in a Tudor Town: Plough Monday
– Christmas in a Tudor Town: Part 1
– Christmas in a Tudor Town: Part 2
– Christmas in a Tudor Town: Part 3
– Medieval Christmas Stories: The Massacre of the Innocents
– Medieval Christmas Stories: The Feast of St Stephen
– Medieval Christmas Stories: The Nativity of Christ
– Medieval Christmas Stories: The Shepherds
– Medieval Christmas Stories: The Magi
– Medieval Christmas Stories: St Nicholas Eve
© Essex Voices Past 2014.